Friday, September 28, 2012

Differences in saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated fats in various oils

My friend shared this chart with me that I find rather nifty when deciding what kind of oils to use in your cooking and diet.




Saturated fats are BAD

Monounsaturated fats are OK

Polyunsaturated fats are GREAT

Also trans fats are horribly bad for your body. This chart doesn't show trans fat on it, but you can read that on any label on your food products. 

The difference between them is how they are structured chemically. Saturated are harder to break down by the body than the other two options.

By all means share your health findings with me. I love to learn new stuff. Comment or send me a message any time.

1 comment:

  1. Check out what this cardiologist has to say about saturated fat vs unsaturated fat in particular the polyunsaturated fats and trans fats
    http://coconutoil.com/enjoy-saturated-fats-theyre-good-for-you/

    ReplyDelete