Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Walmart Price Match and Couponing Haul: $4.74 for $44.97 worth of stuff

Here is how I did it:

I paid $4.74 for $44.97 worth of items for using price matching and coupons at my local Wal-Mart:



Almay brand deodorants, I got 4 of them
Walmart price $2.24 each = $8.96 for 4
I did not price match this item
AND I had 4 of the $4 off 1 Almay cosmetic item coupon from SmartSource June 2nd coupon insert
=all 4 for FREE plus $7.04 in overage applied to the rest of my groceries
Deodorant is considered a cosmetic item according to the FDA and the coupon should work.



Bananas
Walmart price = 47¢ per lb, I got 4.41lbs = $2.07
price match 3lbs for 99¢ at La Michoacana Galveston
= $1.49 for 4.41lbs of bananas

Blueberries, 1 pint
Walmart price = $3.98 per pint
price match to Aldi for $1.99 per pint
= $1.99

Lemons
Walmart price at 27¢ each, I got 5 = $1.35
price match to Foodarama 5 for $1
= $1

Peaches
Walmart price at 99¢ per lb, I got 1.77lbs = $1.73
price match to Baywood Foods 87¢ per lb
= $1.54

Watermelon
Walmart price $3.98 each, I got 1 = $3.98
price match to HEB at $2.98 each
= $2.98

Colgate Max Fresh varieties 6oz toothpastes
Walmart price $2.98 each, I got 4 of them = $11.92
price match to HEB at $1 each
AND I had 4 $1 off 1 coupons from SmartSource coupon insert from Sunday June 2nd
= all 4 boxes for FREE

YoCrunch singles yogurts, cookies n' cream or strawberry granola
Walmart price 66¢ each = $1.98 for 3 cups
price match to Food Fair at 3 for $1
AND I have 3 coupons for 25¢ off a single yogurt cup coupon found HERE
= 25¢ for 3 cups

Red Gold canned tomatoes 14.5-15oz sizes, I got 4 of them
Walmart price = 86¢ each = $3.44 for 4 cans
price match to Food Town at 2 for $1
AND I have 2 coupons for 50¢ off the purchase of 2 printable coupon found HERE
= $1 for 4 cans

Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Flavor Packets, I got 2 of them
Walmart price 87¢ each = $1.74 for 2
I did not price match this
AND I have 2 coupons for $1 off 1 printable coupon found HERE
= FREE + 26¢ overage applied to the rest of my groceries

Suave shampoos, I got 2 of them
Walmart price at 94¢ each = $1.88 for 2
AND I had 2 coupons for $1 off any Suave product printable coupon found HERE
= FREE + 12¢ overage applied to the rest of my groceries

Contadina Tomato pastes, I got 2 of them
Walmart price 58¢ each = $1.16
AND I had a coupon for 50¢ off 2 printable coupon found HERE
= 66¢ for 2

Snapple tea and lemonade beverage
FREE, there was a bunch of Snapple tea ladies handing them out to everyone at our store

Great Value brand wheat bread = $1.28
no price matching or coupons, I was out of bread

Original Walmart price for everything not including any coupons or price matching = $44.97
After price matching and coupons = $4.74

My shopping cart. I put sticky notes on the items so the cashier can quickly see what I am price matching. Write the price your having it changed to and the store that has this price.
How I get My Coupons & Deals:
1. Get multiple copies of the Sunday newspaper to have lots of coupons. 
I get 4 copies of the Sunday newspaper every Sunday from the Houston Chronicle. They have a special deal if you want more than 1 subscription. If I remember correctly it was something like $2.50 for the first paper, $1.50 for the second, and then 50¢ for each additional paper. Usually major city newspapers around the country have some kind of special deal for those that want multiple papers delivered to them. If I were to buy them every Sunday at a store it would be $2.50 each! So I'm saving a bunch there. Thus I get 4 copies of every coupon in the newspaper.

2. Have access to a computer with a printer. 
I also have 2 computers in my house and 1 printer. You can print 2 copies of a printable coupon per computer. So I can get up to 4 copies of a printable coupon by using both computers.

3. Ask your Walmart cashier or customer service how far they price match? To any stores in a 50 mile radius? 3 mile radius? It can vary per store.
This price matching is valid on Walmarts from Galveston Texas through the southern most parts of Houston, in all Walmarts in between, that also accept price matching for any competitor grocery stores within a 50 mile radius. So Walmarts in La Marque, Texas City, League City, Dickinson, and South Houston can do this.
Deals that use coupons are pretty much universal all over the USA if you have that coupon.

4. Follow and/or check up on my blog weekly.
In my area new weekly grocery store ads are released every Wednesday. So I typically have a new post updated with the weeks new deals between Wednesday and Thursday. Here is the current post that as ALL fantastic price matching deals for the Walmarts mentioned above, valid through Tuesday June 11th: HERE
I only did a few of the best deals because thats what I wanted to get this week, but there are a TON more deals so check out the full post.

3 comments:

  1. That's fabulous and exactly what I do except for the post its which is a great ideaa I usually just use separate carts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cashier really loved this. It made checking out really easy and fast :) Then at the end I handed her my stack of coupons. I also pre calculate how much everything should be after price matching and coupons, so that way if they messed up I know. I basically take a few minutes in the store and sum up everything to get mu total before I get in line.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete