Thursday, February 16, 2012

Publix: Viva Italia Deals are Amazing

This is an amazing week at Publix because of their once a year Viva Italia Sale event. This is the first time I participated in this event because I started couponing last year in March. This sale is the perfect opportunity to stock up on lots of common household goods to last you months. I woke up early and got to my local Publix as soon as it opened to make sure nothing was out of stock.

I paid $29.75 for $91.94 worth of items. Below is what I did:

Bertolli Pasta sauce BOGO $2.89
Use the $1.50 off 2 Bertolli Pasta sauce Target coupon found on the Target website by clicking HERE.
 = $1.57 for 2

I got 4 of them so my total was $3.14

Mueller's Pasta 12-16oz BOGO $1.59, includes the 100% whole grain variety

Use the $1 off 2 100% whole grain Mueller's pasta coupon found in the Jan 8th Smartsource insert
=$0.59 for 2 boxes


I got 4 of them so my total was $1.18

Progresso Italian or Plain style Bread Crumbs 15oz BOGO $1.97
Use the $1 off 4 coupon found on the Viva Italia Publix website by clicking HERE.
Get 4 of them to be able to use this coupon = $2.94 for 4 boxes of bread crumbs

Wish Bone Salad Dressing 16oz BOGO $2.89
Use a $1.50 off 2 Wish Bone Dressings from the Target website by clicking HERE.
Stack it with the $0.65 off 2 Wish Bone Dressings coupon found in the Jan 29th Redplum insert
= $0.92 for 2 bottles
I did this twice so I got 4 bottles total = $1.48

Smart Balance Spreads 13-15 oz BOGO $3.59
Use $1 off 2 coupon found in the Jan 8th Smartsource insert
= $2.59 for 2 tubs of butter.



Kraft Shredded Cheese 7-8oz bags BOGO $3.49
Use the $1 off 1 any brand of cheese coupon found by clicking HERE. This coupon is only available to Florida residents.
=$1.49 for 2 bags

Kraft Sliced Cheese 7-8oz on sale 2 for $5
Use the $1 off 1 any brand of cheese coupon found by clicking HERE. This coupon is only available to Florida residents.
= $3 for 2 bags

Green Giant canned vegetables 14.5-15.25oz BOGO $1.29
Use the $1 off 4 Green Giant Canned Vegetables coupon found HERE.
= $1.58 for 4 cans of vegetables
The varieties I saw that were BOGO was sweet peas, whole kernel corn, creamed corn, and green beans.

Hall's Cough Drops 2-=25 count BOGO $1.89
Use the $1 off 2 Halls Products coupon found HERE.
= $0.89 for 2 packs

Sambazon Acai Juice Smoothies on sale 2 for $4
Use 2 coupons for $2 off 1, printed from coupons.com a few weeks ago. This coupon is no longer available. Thus why you should print out your coupons early if you know you want that item.
= FREE

Jennie-O Turkey Burgers, priced at $8.59 each. No sale but I had a coupon which I used to buy a 12 pack of these burgers which will make 2 or 3 meals for my household of 2.
Used a $2 off Jennie-O Turkey Burgers coupon found HERE. This coupon may or may not still be available.
= $6.59 for one box of 12 turkey burger patties

Plus I had a $5 off your purchase of $30 or more Publix coupon which came in my Wednesday Orlando Sentinel newspaper. There is Viva Italia Sale flyer that is made out of heavy card stock and is roughly 10 inches x 10 inches. I'm not sure if you can find it in the store. It looks like this:



Other stuff I bought because I needed it:
Publix White Bread $0.99
Some apples and some bananas.
Ground Beef

Grand Total = $91.94
-$62.19 worth of savings from the BOGO deals and all the coupons I had
= $29.75 I paid out of pocket

I was very happy. I had a hard time photographing all this stuff.



Please note that the last post I made about Publix which highlighted some of the best deals occurring during this weeks sales had quite a few errors or price/coupon differences for people who live in Florida. I did not realize this until I started looking for the coupons and noticed they were different values or I simply did not have them in my regions newspaper inserts. Since I get my sales info mostly from southernsavers.com which is stationed in Georgia, there are always differences in prices and coupons compared to where I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment